Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Sunset

I've found myself spending the evenings this summer sitting out on the back porch enjoying the beauty in the serenity of the suset. I have found that as I approach a new day I am instantly awaiting my time alone expeiencing the peace that the sunset brings upon a working city. The sunset represents not just a period of time, or a cycle of nature, but establishes a days end bringing a feeling of peace upon the world. I feel as though time slows in the sun's appraoch to set in the day's sky. This immediate feeling experienced day to day instills within me the excitement to not only live, but enjoy the creation that God has painted into the world. God communicates with us through his creation. I believe that if we take the time to listen and watch allowing the world to slow its pace, we can have the ability to experience a piece of God's creation waiting to be heard. Just as the sunset speaks serenity into a world that has been running rampant in the chaos of the day, I know that God has many other secret beauties in which he communicates his nature and beauty to mankind.

No comments:

Post a Comment