Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Dreamer

I’m a dreamer living in a dreamland

Reality is a train wreck, leaving only fragmented images behind

Forming what seems to be a convoluted puzzle,

The pieces lost in the vast emptiness of the mind

It’s half passed 3 A.M., yet a man in a black suit illustrates the scene

Cacophonies scream in a dampened alleyway

I’m left with no light, the blackness contains me

The painted dreamland is drowning away the distress of a broken world.

Flooded, the paint drips from the scene,

Effacing tattered hearts and obscene reflections of darkness

Days become a blur within the contraption of my mind

Eccentrically exhilarated thoughts become illustrated images

Painted within the mind’s apparatus

Transcending me into a muddled delirium,

Inundated by nostalgic sorrows

The mind is forever inspired by the dreamland,

Perpetually anticipating the revelation of the painter of the dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment